my kids' health. My kids very rarely get sick so when one of them is feeling under the weather, I'm acutely aware of it. Elli is currently battling a cold (I blame new preschool germs), the worst is from 4-8am, and all she wants is momma. I am more than happy to sit and snuggle her. This morning, she was struggling and didn't want to go to school so I sat and rocked her. She just fits so perfectly in my lap, with her head against my chest or snuggled onto my shoulder, she always has. I wonder how long she will, I want her to always!!! I wish snuggles from mommy could always cure what ails them. I really do. I want to always hold on to this superpower. ;-)
I am thankful that they are pretty healthy kids who rarely have to see a doctor. My oldest, Cole, was often sick as a baby and it seemed we were visiting the doctor every other week. When I quit my job to stay home with him when he was 9 months old, he was much better. Then for a year or two after Luke was born, they both suffered from tonsillitis regularly so they both had surgery to remove those nasty tonsils and adenoids when they were about 3 and 5 and have rarely gotten sick since. Even the run of the mill colds don't seem to get past the sniffly phase with them. Zack used to battle bronchitis frequently when he was 3/4 years old, but he seems to have outgrown that too. He's the only one of my children who hasn't had any surgeries. But even that being said, everything they've had is all minor and normal kid-stuff. I'm so very grateful for their health. I don't take it for granted even one single day and I thank God every day for this blessing.
I Do Now
1 day ago





No comments:
Post a Comment