Weird? Yes. But I broke my most special ornament off of my tree and I had to superglue it back together. My husband helped because I couldn't even see through all my tears. This was the ornament that my mom had given me the year I lost my first baby. It's a heart inside of my heart. It was ironic that it broke into three pieces since I lost a total of three babies. I was surprised how much this upset me. I'm always a little taken by surprise when something comes up that stirs up the hurt in my heart again. Superglue doesn't fix my heartbreak, but it did put that ornament heart back together.
Even though now it doesn't hang the same way and you can see the cracks a little. Hmmm... Someday my heart will be whole again and I will long for that day for as long as I breathe here on earth.
And on a totally different note. Just because it kind of fits in the glue theme and I like to end on a positive note....
Also, this week I made some faux apothecary jars with hot glue (not quite super glue but close!) and dollar tree jars, vases, candlesticks, and fish bowls. You know it's a good day when you've used a whole hot glue gun stick before 10am! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment