Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nov 12: I'm thankful for

grace.  Elli was having a meltdown over what pants to wear and then she didn't want to go to soccer and she fell asleep sobbing in my arms, even though she was mad at me about the pants... which, by the way, she wasn't wearing any pants at this point. And she slept in my bed from 5pm-8:30pm and then was up til 10:30 and was delightful until she fell asleep for the night. As I watched her sleep for a little while and I stroked her little face, I thought about how we struggle with wanting to do something our way and God says no, my child, I know what's best for you. And we don't get our way and sometimes we pout and throw a fit and are mad at Him, but we usually end up laying down in His Arms and being covered by his grace and peace anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment