my health. I woke up in pain and couldn't decide which hurt worse, my head or my left ovary that's been giving me fits of pain... the ovary won, but has since stopped hurting and is just aching. I've had several tests run on it and all were normal. For this, I am grateful. Cancer is everywhere I look these days and I'm not foolish enough to think it could never happen to me. Our pastor recently gave a sermon about not asking "Why me?" but rather instead "Why Not Me?". While I may not be the healthiest person on the planet, I am extremely grateful that I am as healthy as I am.
I am going to try to post every single day in November, at least one thing I am grateful for that day.
I've been trying to use a gratitude journal on my phone, but I admit that I haven't been very good at doing it regularly. I struggle with doing anything regularly, it seems. They say it takes 30 days to make a habit, right? Well, today seems like a very good day to start!
Last night, in my journal, was this picture. I thoroughly enjoyed handing out treats for Halloween with my oldest and my youngest this year. Having a 14 year old and a 4 year old at the same time (with two in between) really gives me a fun perspective. It really doesn't seem like 10 years ago, Cole was dressed up as Buzz Lightyear and running around like the ornery toddler he was back then. And I certainly can't imagine Elli at 14 in just ten years either! This perspective helps me to really enjoy life right now IN THE MOMENT. Cole has his first "babysitting" gig tomorrow night. He's been babysitting his whole life, it seems, so he'll be good at it. He's great with kids. :) I bet Elli will be an amazing babysitter in 8ish years too. She's such a mini-me. She's always "momming" everyone. She "takes care of" her friends so nicely every day. As I sat next to her on the step and we interacted with the trick or treaters that came by and then we chatted and snuggled in between, I was just mesmorized by her face all lit up by the jack-o-lanterns and full moon. She and Cole are developing a good relationship too and it's fun for me to see the two of them interact. He is truly delighted by her and that makes my mama heart happy.
I Do Now
1 day ago





Very cool idea. Grateful your doing this.
ReplyDelete