Friday, November 16, 2012

Nov 15: I'm thankful for...

the opportunity to take my oldest son, Cole, on a date to see our favorite band last night. This was our 3rd date  in a little over a year seeing a 33 Miles concert, and for that we feel very fortunate. Cole and I both love these guys and their lyric-rich songs. my husband calls us stalkers because we love them so much. We are definitely big fans and just so appreciative of their music and who they are. Jason and Chris are genuine, real Christian guys who share their hearts just as much as they sing and play during their concerts. Their songs have touched my heart (and Cole's) and each time we see them, I encourage them to keep writing and playing because I truly appreciate the gift that they have and that they share it. I appreciate that their families make a sacrifice of having their daddies/husbands gone so much so that they can tour the country and share the gospel and just love on people. Last year, we saw them just before and just after my Grandpa died and the guys gave me hugs when I told them how much their version of the song "The Arms That Hold the Universe" comforted me during that month. I feel like that song is my "heart song" and I was thrilled they sang it last night so I could stand with my arms raised and give worship to my loving Father who holds me in His arms. They also sang a new song I'd not heard yet that will be on their new worship album coming out soon. I LOVED it and can't wait to get the CD and worship with it.

 
Just as an example of how real/honest/open they are and why I think I admire them so much. Jason recently posted on his facebook something that I struggle with daily. He said: Choosing 2 see myself how God sees me and not how others see me(or how I see myself)is one of the greatest challenges of life. God help me. Amen.
 
They also like be a little goofy and funny and of course, I love that about them too. Jonny Diaz also played last night and he was awesome and totally hilarious too. I'm so thankful that Cole and I got to go see the concert. I'm so thankful that my 14 year old son actually wants to go to a concert with his mom and isn't embarrassed if I'm the only one who stands up. He and I sit on the edge of our seats wanting so badly to get up and sing and dance and worship and have fun, when sometimes the churches these concerts are at just aren't as "contemporary" if you want to call it that and don't stand or raise their hands in worship like we do, but man, sometimes you just have to! And come one, just live a little and have some fun too!!! I'm thankful that Cole "gets it" and doesn't care what others think and will always stand for God, as one of Jonny Diaz's songs says. I'll leave you with this song from 33 Miles that touches me as a mom in addition to just as me, a person/Christian. Last night I could almost not watch Jason and Chris play it because I'd rather watch Cole singing along and I'd rather sing it to Cole because I want it so badly for his life. Praise God he loves the song too.

(sorry, I can't get it to embed here so you'll have to click on the link to see and hear it) 

No comments:

Post a Comment