my friends. I am blessed to have several really good BFFs in my life. That is something that I haven't always had, which makes me all the more grateful for them. I think God puts certain people into your life for different reasons and I've found that to be really obvious the past couple of years with some, and very subtle with others. Some friends bring out the best in me. Sometimes my friends and I are not so good together, but we laugh and love each other anyway. We don't have to love everything that the other person loves or act the same or parent the same or love the same way or even vote the same. ;-) (BLAH - don't even talk to me about that, I'm sick to death of it!) We are all so unique in who we are, in where we are in our lives, and in how we connect with one another. There are certain friends of mine who I am definitely more comfortable with doing certain things with or talking about certain topics with. I have a friend I turn to for advice because I value her opinion. I have a friend I chat with almost daily just about every day stuff. I have a friend that I enjoy going and doing girly stuff with. I have a friend that we do things together with our kids along and manage to have a fun time ourselves too. I have a friend that I've been connecting with about more deep in my heart issues that I know she will just listen and support me and pray for me. I have a friend that we mainly just text each other when we need to talk. I even have online friends that I've never met in real life, but that I feel genuine love and affection for that I value very, very much. I have a friend that we just chit chat in passing with (I have several of these actually). I have friends that I rarely see or talk to and I miss them very much. I have one in mind right now that I have been missing very much lately, but I'm trying to be understanding in that she just doesn't have it in her to be available for friendship right now. I have to respect that and just hope that she knows she can turn to me if she ever wants to and I'll be there. I have a friend that I call when I need to vent and cry. I cherish the relationships that I have with each of these girlfriends for way more than I have said here. I don't have one specific girlfriend that is all of the above, but I do have one friend who is that and more... and that's my friend, Jesus. He's there for me always, doesn't judge me even though He is the One who actually could, loves me unconditionally, thinks I'm amazing and beautiful and actually wants me to come to Him with everything... and for this I am thankful.
Amen to Jesus! And I am thankful for you and your friendship.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully said. Love you very much too! And, there is nothing more awesome than having friends who also share the love of Jesus!
ReplyDelete