I should have put these photos up with my Christmas lights post but I didn't so I'll add them here. :)
our house. Most days, I loathe this house's lack of adequate space. But for today, I'm going to be grateful for the fact that we have a home. I enjoy "homemaking" and find joy in decorating and making this house into our family's home. My home allows me to earn a living since I work more than full-time inside of my house. The fact that it's way too small for our family of 6 (that's 6 in two bedrooms in case you didn't know just how inadequate our space is), it has many cracks and unfinished projects, it even has a hole in the roof above the kitchen that has been tarped until my husband can find the time to properly fix it, several walls have been graced with "artwork" and it is more often than not, a mess of toys, ongoing craft projects, bins of off-season clothing waiting to be gone through and stored in the scary basement or given away, and an overflowing of shoes, coats, backpacks, and soccer gear... it is still ours. I have brought all four of my children home from the hospital into this home. I have nursed and nurtured my four babies here. I have welcomed countless friends and family into our home and have loved hosting too numerous to count birthday parties over the past 14 1/2 years that we've lived here. It may not be much, it may not be "enough" on some days, but it is my family's home and I'm very grateful for it.





No comments:
Post a Comment