Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Five...

Five things I am grateful on this frozen Friday:
1. a working furnace. DUH!
(the high was -1 here today with -30 windchills)
2. my peaceful naptime with Elli today
(she slept for 3 hours, I readmy bible for over an hour and snoozed for about an hour too! It was wonderful!!!)
3. safe travels for everyone I know
(there were over 90 accidents in Des Moines during this recent storm and no one I know was in one. I'm also very grateful that my husband's wonderful boss told him "don't you dare" come into work yesterday during the blizzard and encouraged him to wait until the roads were clear before coming in today too. She ROCKS! )
4. The Fed Ex guy
(that he came before Elli and I were settled in at naptime although we were nursing and we had to jump up to answer the door and sign for the package but she wasn't asleep yet AND he brought the transfer cable that Dave ordered so hopefull we will be able to get my stuff off of my laptop soon! WOOHOO!)
5. friends
(I have awesome ones. Some that like to text and we have entertaining conversations, some that like to take my boys all afternoon therefore enabling #2 to occur, some that I know I can turn to at any time for anything even in my darkest hour with things I don't even want to admit to myself... and they will love me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment