Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tunes on Tuesday - The Well

I've been doing a Tenth Avenue North devotion this past week from The Overflow and it's been awesome. I was actually sad to have it end today.  One of my favorite ones talked about their song "Where Life Will Never Die" and it really hit home for me.

He wrote: "I was born for God. I was born to behold Him, to love Him, and to be known by Him. But this land of shadows where I live, this world that's cracked and rusted over, it has clouded my eyes and fooled my heart, distorting what I know is true. You see, we all have the unshakable, unnerving, unrelenting, burning in our belly that just won't be satisfied, and the deep engrained knowledge in our soul that we are made for more than a finite world can give us. 
But the real problem isn't that we can't be satisfied, it's that we think we can. And so we run. We strive. We bend ourselves low in worship to a world that can never give us what we're truly after."

He goes on to say,
"When we remain unsatisfied we set our focus on the satisfaction that is coming. C.S. Lewis so accurately pointed out that if we find in ourselves a desire that this world cannot satisfy, the most logical explanation is that we were made for another world."

That makes so much sense to me. The lyric from this song I'm sharing today keeps running through my head that says "And all who search will find what their souls long for" because that's exactly how I've been feeling lately when I worship. I guess you could say that I'm finding what I'm looking for, but I'm not quite able to fully grasp it because I'm still in this world, and I wasn't made for this world. This is not my home. And I feel a little homesick lately. I once posted a status something like that on facebook and I was met with someone accusing me of being morbid or suicidal. It is NOTHING like that when you understand the meaning of heaven and why we were made.

I highly recommend the devotionals on the You version bible app. I have done several different ones but right now I'm hooked on the Overflow ones. And I especially enjoyed what the Tenth Avenue North guys had to say in theirs. I really liked starting my day with those words and the Word. No worries though, I'm starting a Casting Crowns one tomorrow. I have not been able to get this song out of my head since we sang it in church on Sunday. My friend, Rose, sang it So incredibly beautifully that I keep finding myself wishing I could hear her sing it again and again. If you've been following my blogging the past couple months, (or you know me in person and I've told you) then you know I've been going through some passionate worship experiences and feeling really close to God lately. This song is so true for me.



Leave it all behind,
Leave it all behind,
Leave it all behind,
Leave it all behind,

I have what you need,
But you keep on searchin,
I've done all the work,
But you keep on workin,

When you're runnin on empty,And you can't find the remedy,Just come to the well.

You can spend your whole life,
Chasin what's missing,
But that empty inside,
It just ain't gonna listen.
When nothing can satisfy,
And the world leaves you high and dry,
Just come to the well

And all who thirst will thirst no more,
And all who search will find what their souls long for,
The world will try, but it can never fill,
So leave it all behind, and come to the well
So bring me your heart
No matter how broken,
Just come as you are,
When your last prayer is spoken,
Just rest in my arms a while,
You'll feel the change my child,
When you come to the well


And all who thirst will thirst no more,
And all who search will find what their souls long for,
The world will try, but it can never fill,
So leave it all behind, and come to the well

Yeah
Leave it all behind

The world will try, but it can never fill...
leave it all behind

And now that you're full,
Of love beyond measure,
Your joy's gonna flow,
Like a stream in the desert,
Soon all the world will see that living water is found in me,
Cuz you came to the well

And all who thirst will thirst no more,
And all who search will find what their souls long for,
The world will try, but it can never fill,
So leave it all behind, and come to the well

Leave it all behind
Leave it all behind
Leave it all behind
leave it all behind
and come to the well

No comments:

Post a Comment