This song came on while I was in the shower on Sunday morning and it was pretty much fitting for how I was feeling so I knew I should share it on Music Monday!
Our church had a revival this weekend and it was so good. Definitely reviving, and healing, and just oh so full of God's presence and love. The Church was full of the Holy Spirit. It was beautiful. And JUST what I needed and wanted it to be. I didn't, personally, I have any huge epiphanies or anything (pretty sure I had that last month on my own) but I witnessed plenty and I loved every minute of it. The evangelist was Rick Bonfim and that man knows how to preach and lets the Holy Spirit guide him. He is also hilarious. The verse he focused on for the weekend was Isaiah 48:10
See, I have refined you, though not as silver;
I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.
And he also taught out of gospel, particularly Matthew 10 on Friday night - which was excellent in keeping to the basics and what we are called to do as Christians. He prayed over all of us to be who we are called to be, he prayed over individuals and families as he felt led to, and many people received healing that night.
Then on Saturday, he talked about a lot of things from Acts 1 (among many other verses) but the main point was that we receive power from the Holy Spirit.
And the big quote from Rick that I wrote down was:
"Fine refining happens when you cross a bridge from believing to complete surrender"
We formed a prayer tunnel and moved the line through it giving and receiving prayer for over two hours as we praised and sung and danced with the praise band. The Holy Spirit was moving in a mighty way. It was beautiful. Many were annointed and healed and many were touched and many were moved to tears either by giving prayer or receiving or both. It was so beautiful. Seeing and feeling the Holy Spirit take over our Church and my Church family was awesome. I've been through nights like this before at revivals and it never ceases to amaze me with His Goodness and Gloriousness and Power. It was a perfect, powerful, love-filled night that I didn't want to ever end. Hearts were soft and open, with that sometimes comes pain and then the ability to let things go and I definitely saw that happen on Saturday night.
Beautiful.
My cup, which had been feeling so dehydrated after the past year, is overflowing.
Rick preached again on Sunday morning for both services. A few that stuck with me were that we need to "be like a child". Children do not doubt or question God. Do not supress the truth. He prayed as he felt led to. He took my son, Luke's face in his hands, and prayed into him a message directly from God specifically for Luke. (I was praying with someone else at the time so I missed this and was told about it later, I really wish I had been able to see and experience that with him) I think it scared Luke, but was pretty powerful too. God was definitely present and we could feel Him. Powerful. At the end of the second service, he called us all up to the altar and prayed for us as a church moving forward. We are being assigned a new pastor starting July 1st and it wasn't at all what we wanted to happen after losing our awesome excellent pastor last August. I know He will work all of this together for our good and His glory. He always does.
As for me, this weekend was reviving and reassuring that I am doing what He wants me to do. I like knowing that, it feels peaceful and right.
I feel alive again.
I feel alive.
There was a time I was dead inside.
You'd call my name and I'd try to hide.
My heart was dark and so full of shame,
Full of shame.
But like the dawning of a brand new day
Your love has chased my shame away.
How amazing, now to hear You singing over me!
Over me!
Loudly, I sing
Loudly, I live
Giving You all I have to give,
Until the world knows the Love that's made me so alive
I'm alive, I'm alive!
Well, every day I find Your mercy new.
And every moment that I spend with You
I am overwhelmed by Grace I can't keep to myself!
To myself!
Loudly, I sing
Loudly, I live
Giving You all I have to give,
Until the world knows the Love that's made me so alive
I'm alive, I'm alive!
Loudly, I sing
Loudly, I live
Giving You all I have to give,
Until the world knows the Love that's made me so alive
I'm alive, I'm alive!
Out of my sorrow, out of my night,
You called me into Glorious Light.
Where all of the lost, lonely and broken
Find Your Light.
Shine Your Light.
Loudly, I sing
Loudly, I live
Giving You all I have to give,
Until the world knows the Love that's made me so alive
I'm alive
Loudly, I sing
Loudly, I live
Giving You all I have to give,
Until the world knows the Love that's made me so alive
I'm alive, I'm alive! Yeah,
I'm alive, I'm alive, yeah!
Our church had a revival this weekend and it was so good. Definitely reviving, and healing, and just oh so full of God's presence and love. The Church was full of the Holy Spirit. It was beautiful. And JUST what I needed and wanted it to be. I didn't, personally, I have any huge epiphanies or anything (pretty sure I had that last month on my own) but I witnessed plenty and I loved every minute of it. The evangelist was Rick Bonfim and that man knows how to preach and lets the Holy Spirit guide him. He is also hilarious. The verse he focused on for the weekend was Isaiah 48:10
See, I have refined you, though not as silver;
I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.
And he also taught out of gospel, particularly Matthew 10 on Friday night - which was excellent in keeping to the basics and what we are called to do as Christians. He prayed over all of us to be who we are called to be, he prayed over individuals and families as he felt led to, and many people received healing that night.
Then on Saturday, he talked about a lot of things from Acts 1 (among many other verses) but the main point was that we receive power from the Holy Spirit.
And the big quote from Rick that I wrote down was:
"Fine refining happens when you cross a bridge from believing to complete surrender"
We formed a prayer tunnel and moved the line through it giving and receiving prayer for over two hours as we praised and sung and danced with the praise band. The Holy Spirit was moving in a mighty way. It was beautiful. Many were annointed and healed and many were touched and many were moved to tears either by giving prayer or receiving or both. It was so beautiful. Seeing and feeling the Holy Spirit take over our Church and my Church family was awesome. I've been through nights like this before at revivals and it never ceases to amaze me with His Goodness and Gloriousness and Power. It was a perfect, powerful, love-filled night that I didn't want to ever end. Hearts were soft and open, with that sometimes comes pain and then the ability to let things go and I definitely saw that happen on Saturday night.
Beautiful.
My cup, which had been feeling so dehydrated after the past year, is overflowing.
Rick preached again on Sunday morning for both services. A few that stuck with me were that we need to "be like a child". Children do not doubt or question God. Do not supress the truth. He prayed as he felt led to. He took my son, Luke's face in his hands, and prayed into him a message directly from God specifically for Luke. (I was praying with someone else at the time so I missed this and was told about it later, I really wish I had been able to see and experience that with him) I think it scared Luke, but was pretty powerful too. God was definitely present and we could feel Him. Powerful. At the end of the second service, he called us all up to the altar and prayed for us as a church moving forward. We are being assigned a new pastor starting July 1st and it wasn't at all what we wanted to happen after losing our awesome excellent pastor last August. I know He will work all of this together for our good and His glory. He always does.
As for me, this weekend was reviving and reassuring that I am doing what He wants me to do. I like knowing that, it feels peaceful and right.
I feel alive again.
I feel alive.
There was a time I was dead inside.
You'd call my name and I'd try to hide.
My heart was dark and so full of shame,
Full of shame.
But like the dawning of a brand new day
Your love has chased my shame away.
How amazing, now to hear You singing over me!
Over me!
Loudly, I sing
Loudly, I live
Giving You all I have to give,
Until the world knows the Love that's made me so alive
I'm alive, I'm alive!
Well, every day I find Your mercy new.
And every moment that I spend with You
I am overwhelmed by Grace I can't keep to myself!
To myself!
Loudly, I sing
Loudly, I live
Giving You all I have to give,
Until the world knows the Love that's made me so alive
I'm alive, I'm alive!
Loudly, I sing
Loudly, I live
Giving You all I have to give,
Until the world knows the Love that's made me so alive
I'm alive, I'm alive!
Out of my sorrow, out of my night,
You called me into Glorious Light.
Where all of the lost, lonely and broken
Find Your Light.
Shine Your Light.
Loudly, I sing
Loudly, I live
Giving You all I have to give,
Until the world knows the Love that's made me so alive
I'm alive
Loudly, I sing
Loudly, I live
Giving You all I have to give,
Until the world knows the Love that's made me so alive
I'm alive, I'm alive! Yeah,
I'm alive, I'm alive, yeah!





No comments:
Post a Comment