When is the last time you heard Jesus speak to you? That is the question my best friend asked as she gave her testimony at church yesterday. (She is a rock star, by the way, ROCK STAR KACY! Soooo incredibly proud of you! I don't even know if she reads my blog, Kacy... do you read my blog?) Anyway, to answer her question at that moment, it was um, about 30 seconds ago? As you, oh faithful reader or two, know from this blog of mine, it was a rough fall. BUT.... I am happy to report, the healing has begun. (ps - sorry for the drive by post last week, it was all I could share in the busy-ness of life, life happens, I never claimed to be a regular blogger) I have been hearing Him. Thank You Jesus. I wouldn't call myself a Thomas, but at first I was really doubting whether or not it was Him or whether or not I was interpreting what He was saying to me was what I was discerning it to me. Does anyone else do this? Like "are you sure, God? Are you absolutely without a doubt 100% sure?" Turns out, He was. I was. I did. And yesterday at church, He did a big 'ol "I TOLD YOU SO" at me and oh man, I could NOT stop the tears. Then once I did stop the tears and I listened to my rock star friend's testimony (who by the way, got through it without crying, I told you she was a rock star. I did not, and am not.) it was about being broken and finding Jesus in that brokenness. THEN.... The praise band played "Shine" and this overwhelming sense of peace just wrapped It's way around me and squeezed like a big ol hug from God. I don't know about you, but when I'm getting some kind of download from God, I start shaking. LOL Weird, I know. All week long I felt like I was in that "processing" mode. You know the little circle that goes round and round when my Iphone is loading something. That was me last week. My friend and I went to see Laura Story and Mandisa at Girls Night Live on Saturday night and it was so much fun. SO MUCH FUN! But one thing kept running through my brain that Mandisa had talked about as I tried to fall asleep that night. She talked about tying your yoke to God. This is EXACTLY what I am doing. This is EXACTLY what I've been doing all last week and been working at doing for the past two months. The feeling of obedience to Him is overwhelmingly good. As Shine was playing, I felt that. SO filled with gratitude for healing. And SO fully committed to concentrating on bringing Him glory (remember my New Year's resolution?) Committed to concentrate on hearing Him, obeying Him, sharing Him. Shining His light. So today, of course, my music Monday sharing had to be this song. The lyrics spoke directly to me and were just a hug from God, an overwhelming reassurance that Yes He IS In Control and I am yoked to Him. The line that says "can you overcome this heart that's overcome"? just ripped my heart wide open yesterday. And while that scared me because I've been so afraid of feeling, I could feel His hands holding those pieces of my heart. The Greatest Love was back inside of me. I do know that It never really left me, He was holding me all along, I knew that and I still know that, but now... Now I am not afraid to feel. I am excited and hopeful on this Monday and that is not usually the case especially for Mondays, eh? I feel peace and hope and am just plain feeling, completely feeling, for the first time in many months. My heart is healing. A new me is emerging from that dark pit (and satan better be saying "Oh crap!) and I am ready to Shine His Light again. This is not about me, it's about Him. All Him. The new me is less of me, and way more of Him and I couldn't be happier about that.
Listen to Shine and let Him speak to You. He is. He doesn't stop, you just stop hearing sometimes. The more you listen, and the more you obey, the more you hear Him.
Obedience is good, and blessings flow when you are obedient.
Sometimes it takes time, but hold on. HOLD ON. Because He is always faithful.
Oh, and this video is the coolest video ever. :)
Send me a sign
A hint, a whisper
Throw me a line
'Cause I am listening
Come break the quiet
Breathe your awakening
Bring me to life
'Cause I am fading
Surround me with the rush of angels' wings
Shine Your light so I can see You
Pull me up, I need to be near You
Hold me, I need to feel love
Can You overcome this heart that's overcome?
You sent a sign
A hint, a whisper
Human divine
Heaven is listening
Death laid love quiet
Yet in the night a stirring
All around the rush of angels
Oh, the wonder of the greatest love has come
Shine Your light so all can see it
Lift it up, 'cause the whole world needs it
Love has come, what joy to hear it
He has overcome
He has overcome
Listen to Shine and let Him speak to You. He is. He doesn't stop, you just stop hearing sometimes. The more you listen, and the more you obey, the more you hear Him.
Obedience is good, and blessings flow when you are obedient.
Sometimes it takes time, but hold on. HOLD ON. Because He is always faithful.
Oh, and this video is the coolest video ever. :)
Send me a sign
A hint, a whisper
Throw me a line
'Cause I am listening
Come break the quiet
Breathe your awakening
Bring me to life
'Cause I am fading
Surround me with the rush of angels' wings
Shine Your light so I can see You
Pull me up, I need to be near You
Hold me, I need to feel love
Can You overcome this heart that's overcome?
You sent a sign
A hint, a whisper
Human divine
Heaven is listening
Death laid love quiet
Yet in the night a stirring
All around the rush of angels
Oh, the wonder of the greatest love has come
Shine Your light so all can see it
Lift it up, 'cause the whole world needs it
Love has come, what joy to hear it
He has overcome
He has overcome






Want to know something funny?? Had I spoke yesterday at church one of the points I was going to touch on was how do you know if it's God talking to you?
ReplyDeleteFirst, Gods the rockstar. When he provides the message, the gifts and paves the way its easy. I think he is truly at work. At work in my life, with you and Dave. I'm so happy you encouraged me back to church a few years ago. Sunday was amazing! I honestly can say I haven't feel so at ease and at peace with doing something. For the first time in my personal life (not professional life) I felt a purpose like no other in my heart. It absolutely felt right. I love this song. Your presence in my life is an example of that light of Christ for others. And, yes, I read your blog when you post to facebook. Keep the faith.
ReplyDelete