I dislike New Year's resolutions. It sets you up for failure, and I for one, do not need any more feelings of failure in my life.
However, I do love a fresh start. A brand new year. A blog community I follow called (in)courage is talking about choosing one word to concentrate on for the new year. I've chosen the word
intentional
this year, I want to concentrate on being intentional. Not just going through the motions, not just hanging in there trying to get through this and that, not just trying my best... but being intentional on the things I do and say, being intentional on enjoying the numerous blessings in my life, being intentional on bettering myself. Be intentional on seeking Him, first and foremost.
My goal is simply to bring God glory. That's the only goal I am setting for 2012.
I have some new "plans" and routines that I am hoping to implement to simplify and make my life easier. Plans and routines can be adjusted. They cannot fail unless you don't try.
I've been told that I'm negative (amongst a lot of other things) and that (along with a lot of other things) has broken me. I am needing to concentrate on controlling the negativity coming out of me and I would appreciate your prayers and support on this most difficult thing for me right now. So many times, blogging has helped me turn a negative into positive so I hope to be more consistent at blogging too, but I'm not making any promises.
I chose this song for music monday today simply because of the first stanza.
My only goal is to bring Him glory.
I can only hope that I have that kind of faith,
that kind of purpose in my life,
and I long for that peace.
And I know that I can find You here'
Cause You promised me
You'll always be there
Times like these, it's hard to see
But somehow I have a peace, You're near
And I pray that You will use my life
In whatever way Your name is glorified
Even if surrendering
Means leaving everything behind
My life has never been this clear
Now I know the reason why I'm here
You never know why You're alive
Until you know what you would die for
I would die for You
And I know I don't have much to give
But I promise You I will give You all there is
Can I possibly do less
When through Your own death I live?
No greater love is found
Than of those who lay their own lives down
As sure as I live and breathe
Now I know what it means to be free
Cause You promised me
You'll always be there
Times like these, it's hard to see
But somehow I have a peace, You're near
And I pray that You will use my life
In whatever way Your name is glorified
Even if surrendering
Means leaving everything behind
My life has never been this clear
Now I know the reason why I'm here
You never know why You're alive
Until you know what you would die for
I would die for You
And I know I don't have much to give
But I promise You I will give You all there is
Can I possibly do less
When through Your own death I live?
No greater love is found
Than of those who lay their own lives down
As sure as I live and breathe
Now I know what it means to be free





No comments:
Post a Comment