This is totally me.
I am invisible.
The majority of what I do will never be seen,
yet I keep on doing it.
I hope that what I am building is greater than any cathedral in the world.
I hope that "my work" is being seen and approved of by God.
Mostly, I hope that it's for His Glory!
Every day, I pray that my self-centeredness disappears
so that He can be seen through me.
I matter in His eyes.
What I do matters.
I wrote about that a few months ago here.
Yes, I'm a mom and I attempt to be a good one.
I attempt to keep up the house and feed the kids somewhat healthy food every day.
I read them books and I do Barbie doll's hair.
I attempt to help with homework.
I stay up all night the night before their birthdays so when they wake up,
the house has been decorated just for them so they feel special.
I run things to the school when I see that they forgot them,
and put them in their locker in between classes so no one sees me and they aren't embarrassed.
I sit on the soccer sidelines in everything from snow and rain to 130 degree heat/humidity and cheer my boys on to be the best that they can be, on the field as well as off.
And I attempt to capture it ALL on digital photo memory cards (that just doesn't ring as well as capture it on film, does it? LOL)
so that I'll at least have record of it when all too soon when they are gone, off to college, off to start their own adult lives, off to share their lives with someone else, off to start their own families, off to build their own invisible cathedrals hopefully.
(sobbing, tissues piling up)
I attempt to teach them about Jesus.
When in reality, they end up teaching me.
I attempt to be a good friend, a good wife, a good daughter and grand-daughter.
I feel like I fail miserably the majority of the time.
Sometimes epicly.
A lot of times over and over, I fail.
So I resolve to try harder, to be better,
to be more invisible!!!
I still press on.
I will not fail because I will not quit.
Even though there are many days, I'd like to scream
WHAT ABOUT ME?
I'm still in here, ya know.
Behind this much-too-large-of-a-body mom of four beautiful kids and three amazing angels.
Behind this must-be-strong woman of faith.
Behind this give-all-of-my-time-and-take-none-for-myself volunteer.
I wouldn't change it.
I will still do it all
for no recognition, ever.
I'm OK with being invisible.
I just need this reminder of WHY I do it sometimes...
and FOR WHOM I do it.
I am invisible.
The majority of what I do will never be seen,
yet I keep on doing it.
I hope that what I am building is greater than any cathedral in the world.
I hope that "my work" is being seen and approved of by God.
Mostly, I hope that it's for His Glory!
Every day, I pray that my self-centeredness disappears
so that He can be seen through me.
I matter in His eyes.
What I do matters.
I wrote about that a few months ago here.
Yes, I'm a mom and I attempt to be a good one.
I attempt to keep up the house and feed the kids somewhat healthy food every day.
I read them books and I do Barbie doll's hair.
I attempt to help with homework.
I stay up all night the night before their birthdays so when they wake up,
the house has been decorated just for them so they feel special.
I run things to the school when I see that they forgot them,
and put them in their locker in between classes so no one sees me and they aren't embarrassed.
I sit on the soccer sidelines in everything from snow and rain to 130 degree heat/humidity and cheer my boys on to be the best that they can be, on the field as well as off.
And I attempt to capture it ALL on digital photo memory cards (that just doesn't ring as well as capture it on film, does it? LOL)
so that I'll at least have record of it when all too soon when they are gone, off to college, off to start their own adult lives, off to share their lives with someone else, off to start their own families, off to build their own invisible cathedrals hopefully.
(sobbing, tissues piling up)
I attempt to teach them about Jesus.
When in reality, they end up teaching me.
I attempt to be a good friend, a good wife, a good daughter and grand-daughter.
I feel like I fail miserably the majority of the time.
Sometimes epicly.
A lot of times over and over, I fail.
So I resolve to try harder, to be better,
to be more invisible!!!
I still press on.
I will not fail because I will not quit.
Even though there are many days, I'd like to scream
WHAT ABOUT ME?
I'm still in here, ya know.
Behind this much-too-large-of-a-body mom of four beautiful kids and three amazing angels.
Behind this must-be-strong woman of faith.
Behind this give-all-of-my-time-and-take-none-for-myself volunteer.
I wouldn't change it.
I will still do it all
for no recognition, ever.
I'm OK with being invisible.
I just need this reminder of WHY I do it sometimes...
and FOR WHOM I do it.





We crave recognition in our lives, and yet we often forget that HE is the only One whose opinion matters. May we always work for HIS glory!!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!!
- Ashley Pichea