OK, you know that line in Finding Nemo, when Dory says "good feeling gone".
Well, I was sitting here working on a client's pictures, having a peaceful "naptime" part of my day, windows open, breeze blowing, Mandisa songs playing, windchime dingalinging, and I look up to see a very scary spider crawling on the beam on the ceiling above me. Good feeling gone. He was slow but mean looking. I willed him to go back where he came from but he sat there taunting me. If he moved much further he could drop down right on me and cause me to throw my laptop across the room.
so....
Clearly, something had to be done.
I considered my options... looked outside for anyone to help me. I am more than slightly terrified of spiders, I'm not ashamed to admit, should a random stranger be walking by my house, I may or may not have been humble enough to ask him to kill it for me. No one around. Just me and those 8 thick hairy legs. I could wake up sleeping baby and take us all outside for the rest of the day, but then I run the risk of WHERE DID HE GO? No, he must die. OK, next... gather my weapons. Hmmmm... ant spray, the biggest of Dave's shoes I can find... man I miss my vaccum with the really long long handle. He was on the ceiling and I'm rather vertically challenged. So I sprayed him with the ant killer spray. He didn't die. *sigh* I looked around outside again for anyone willing to rescue a damsel in distress, looked at the clock... sigh, still an hour and half til Cole would be home and could save me. OK so i spray him again and the thing comes after me! He lets down his string (I don't know what you call that crap he spins into yucky webs, don't judge me) and is now dangling in the middle of my living room. Above my laptop. I quickly throw a blanket over my baby, er laptop, to save it from impending doom and the ant spray. I spray it again and he starts retreating upwards. OK, I say, go back in that crack and die!!!! He's still moving so I spray him again. He comes back down to the lowest he was before, just about chest high on me. I start talking myself up, you can do this Michelle, just smash him between the two shoes. They are big, there is no way he can get you. YOU CAN DO THIS! Oh who am I kidding, I CANNOT DO THIS. Still no one around, and I plead in my head for Shellie to please get home soon. LOL Hmmm... he isn't moving anymore. Spray him once more for good measure. I just can't bring myself to swing those shoes. I am athletically challenged as well, what if I miss? What if I send him flying into who knows where and I have to move out? Oh he is surely pissed at me and will stalk me all the days of my life. So I run and grab a scissors and cut his lifeline. AH HA! I got you now! I smash the smitherines out of him with Dave's shoe and wipe up the remnants, wash down anything that might have gotten sprayed with ant spray, and throw my nightmare in the trash. WHEW! Still, good feeling gone... I'm itchy, twitchy, and paranoid that his relatives are going to come after me now. I'm sorry Mr Spider's mommy, he had to go. Just a warning to the rest of you to stay hidden inside those cracks, i take no prisoners.
... oh and for a brief moment, I realized he made a pretty cool silouette image in front of my window and I debated grabbing my camera... but I was shaking too much and don't know where my tripod is. LOL
I Do Now
1 day ago





No comments:
Post a Comment