Our dog, Comet, got really sick really fast this week and we had to let her go.
It was extremely sad taking our kids to say goodbye to her at the vet.
I wish we could have brought her home to do it,
but she was too sick.
She definately perked up when the kids walked in the room,
especially when Cole got near her, she lifted her head to him.
She was a good dog.
She was basically Cole's puppy.
We've had her since he was a baby.
And now my oldest baby's heart is broken.
It's been a very hard week.
I think her shirt says it all...This photo of Zack petting her makes me so sad.
I thought he knew, but the next day at breakfast someone said something and he came running to me asking me if Comet was dead. And I said yes and he burst into tears. I guess he thought we were just visiting her at the vet because she was sick. He left the room before Dave and Cole and I stayed while they put her down. :( I was so focused on Cole's feelings that I didn't explain it well enough to Zack, I guess. :( I really thought he knew. He has cried a few times since and I guess he told his teacher at school and again at bible study last night when he asked for prayers.






Lots of love and hugs to you all. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your sweet Comet. She was beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSniff...such a hard, hard thing to lose such a beautiful, unconditional friend. ((()))) to you all.
ReplyDeleteMuch sympathy to the whole family. Comet was beautiful. I am sorry I never got to meet her.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh....this post kills me. Po' Comet...and your po' family. At least Comet lived a life full of love.
ReplyDelete((hugs)) Momma.