Tuesday, March 30, 2010

you tubesday - Eva's legacy

I have been following Eva's blog periodically for a while now.

I wanted to pass this on to you.

What an amazing girl she was.

May she rest in peace and

may her friends and family

find their comfort and strength in the Lord.

Here is her legacy.

Which leads me to ask...

what is your legacy?

and

What is my legacy?

My hope is that my legacy lives on in my children...

as they grow up up to love Jesus,

and to be Jesus to those around them.

I want to teach Elli to be Godly woman,

to be a loving mother and devoted wife,

to love and serve the Lord with all her heart.

I want to teach Zack, Luke, and Cole to be Godly men,

to be the kind of dad that shows their love...

in the same way that our heavenly Father shows His love for us,

to be the kind of husbands that their wives will thank me for ;)

and to love and serve the Lord with their lives.

To live simply.

To live lovingly.

To live the life that He had given to us.

I don't think I can change the world

or cure a horrible disease

or even inspire many people.

But I know that He can

He does and He is.

So I just pray that I am available

for Him to use for His glory.

So tell me dear readers,

what do you want YOUR legacy to be?

Because we are never promised a tomorrow...


1 comment:

  1. You are leaving a wonderful legacy through your children. I see them growing to be the Godly individuals that you described above.

    You also leave a legacy through your connections with and care for those around you and those whose blogs you share (especially the ones who are struggling with illness, etc.). Yours is a legacy of love.

    I am so glad to call you friend.

    ReplyDelete