Dave offered to guest blog for me today since he got to hear the concert.
I'm not jealous or anything at all. ;-)
I enjoyed staying home and doing dishes, laundry, vacuuming, making chicken noodle soup, and watching Home Alone 3 for the millionth time. :P
I also love Aaron Shust's music. He's probably one of my very favorite artists. And I do love this song that Dave chose today. Every lyric is true. And I love to sing this one too, although I miss Amanda's voice singing it now that she has moved.
Anyway.... here's Dave.
On Sunday thanks to Life 107.1 we were able to enjoy a great concert by a talented singer/song writer/musician and most importantly believer in Jesus Christ.....Aaron Shust oh and they threw in a basketball game with a hot dog, pop & popcorn. Most people would consider it the other way around that they threw in the concert all for just $10.71 (well actually $12.71 when you throw in convenience fees.....guess it depends on your definition of convenience since we had to pick them up at will call with 100's of others doing the same thing). A lot of his songs rank as some of my favorites and I listen to them a lot and not just because he's the 1st artist in my iPod or that his songs fall perfectly in my limited vocal range but because they all have meaning, purpose and a message. He writes most (if not all) of his songs and as he said they may start out as personal prayers (Give me words to speak) or crying out to God or praises for what we have now or have waiting for us in eternity. My Savior My God is probably my favorite to song to sing at church and I personally enjoy acoustic versions of any song so this is perfect. I hope you enjoy it and may God speak to you through the words he gave Aaron for this song.
Lyrics to My Savior My God :
I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior
I take Him at His word and deed
Christ died to save me; this I read
And in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my savior
That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior
My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God: He was, my God; He is
My God is always gonna be
Yes, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring;
That He who lives to be my King
Once died to be my Savior
That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior





No comments:
Post a Comment