Wednesday, December 31, 2008

April... in like a lion!

Zack pretending to be a rock star I guess... Zack got to go fishing with daddy to use his new rocket pole!
Mid- April, I found out I was exposed to 5th disease (slapped cheek virus that kids get and have a bright red rash on their cheeks, pretty harmless in kids but very dangerous to pregnant women) so I had to have a blood test done at my OB office, just a titer to see if I had the antibodies already in me for it. I wasn't worried about it at all, figured I would never hear of it again. But my world changed when I got a call from the OB nurse telling me my titer was positive for exposure to parvo and they were refering me to a perinatal specialist. I had no idea what this really meant but they were telling me that there could be drastic problems with my little girl in utero. I cried. I prayed. I listened to my praise music. And my dear friend came over to hold me while I cried and googled. LOL I think it was the scariest time of my entire life. I had lost two babies in 07 (and one in 03 before Zack) with early miscarriages. We had prayed so hard for this baby and God had answered our prayers. I tried very hard not to question Him during this time. We met with the perinatologist and learned that we'd have ultrasounds every other week for a few months to monitor the baby's blood flow to her brain. If it increased, it would indicate she could be becoming anemic and they would do a blood transfusion to her through my belly. Or possibly deliver her early. I had to sort of block that possibility out of my brain or it would make me crazy. I concentrated on seeing my beautiful little PERFECT girl. God had given her to me and He clearly was giving me assurance that she was OK and everything was going to be fine. I had a lot of people praying for me and I felt lifted up by those prayers every single day. It was during this time, that I gave my little girl's life to God to do with what He desired. She is His angel, and my hero. It was an emotional rollercoaster for me the next few months. But God showed me His love in many ways and kept me "together".
This is one of the first ultrasounds we did.... and of course, she was perfect... showing no problems whatsoever in there. She waved at us and everything.

When I got home from that first perinatal appointment, I came home to find Luke had done this on the fridge before school. It made me cry. And smile.
OTHER THINGS IN APRIL:
Cole had a piano recital. He loves taking lessons and playing the piano. It is something I hope he continues to enjoy. My friends and mom through me a giant PINK baby shower. There were a ton of people there and I felt so loved. It really made me excited to see all the wonderful women that would be in Elli's life who cared about us so much.
We learned that Aunt Jill would not be changing diapers!



but that Aunt Shelly and Morgan make a good baby changing team!


I had so many presents to open, it was unreal! I have a lot of really generous friends and family!

We also started soccer season and in this household, soccer season is HUGE. Cole and Luke are rockstar soccer players. Dave coaches, which we all love. If I started posted pictures of them playing soccer, I'd never stop so I will spare you.... for now. ;-)









No comments:

Post a Comment