Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Five - gratefulness

Five things I'm grateful for this week:
  1. birthdays - we have three birthdays in our family within 6 days of each other, which makes it kinda crazy and can get pretty expensive, but it certainly makes it a fun week! We are never promised another birthday here on earth so I think it's important that we celebrate every single one of them. This year, I found out that I share mine with a very special little girl from West Des Moines who is battling brain cancer at St. Jude's in TN. So on Monday, I will be thinking of spunky little Elise with gratefulness that I am able to follow her journey and gain courage and grace in watching how amazing our Heavenly Father is in helping his little cupcake princess to flourish through the battle of her little life.
  2. weather - after all the rain we had in May and June, I am grateful this week has been dry and the kids have been able to get out and play in the beautiful weather. I hope it continues all month! I also pray for the people who are being affected by the flooding happening and threatening to happen very soon.
  3. friends - five years ago, I would have said I didn't have a whole lot of friends and I was really OK with that. But God has blessed me with MANY amazing sisters in Christ who have become my best girlfriends. And a few guys too. In the past, for some reason, I've always had more "guy friends" than girls. But now that I have close girlfriends, I appreciate them even more. Even though we don't get to hang out as often as we'd like, each precious time period, no matter how short, that I can to spend in the company of a friend is a blessing that I am grateful for.
  4. family - I feel so blessed that my family is all close by and that we are a close tight-knit family. We love each other and we show it.
  5. hugs - silly and cliche? maybe. But I don't really care. I am a hugger and there's nothing better than a hug, especially a big squeeze saying I love you and I appreciate you and I'm here for you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Michelle, I am always amazed how much we have in common. Growing up, I always had many more male friends than female, but I am having a blast getting close to all the wonderful women at church.

    I also was quite happy having only a couple close friends. However, you and all the others (of both sexes) have been a bountiful blessing over the last few months.

    God bless you, my sister-in Christ. God bless you, dear friend. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete