Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Santa made me cry...

this past weekend, our church hosted a "Christmas Breakfast" as we always do the first Saturday of December. The public is invited to see and get their photo taken with Santa, eat pancakes and sausage, and this year we added crafts for kids and a story time. I am Santa's helper "elf" and I enjoy my role very much. It's always a fun time and the majority of people through are not from our church. Such is the case of this little girl, Thora, who stole my heart. She was so sweet. I'm guessing around age 6ish and a delicate, special little girl who spoke slowly and carefully. She came through and got her photo taken with Santa and was sweet and then went to partake in the rest of the festivities. She came back through right towards the end and asked me if she could talk to Santa because she wanted to ask him what he wanted for Christmas. I was touched at her thoughtfulness and said of course and led her up there to the grandfather figure of our church who plays the best santa ever along with his wife, Mrs. Claus. She asked him her question and Santa replied that he wanted all the soldiers to come home safely. I got teary and walked away. The little girl came and told me what he said and I gave her a hug and told her that he also liked sugar cookies and she assured me she always leaves him some. Special kids capture my heart. But this time, Santa did too.

 This is my Elli, who was so excited to see Santa and sit on his lap this year!


 Zack resisted the urge to pull santa's beard as he told me he was going to. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment