Monday, August 13, 2012

Music Monday - Learning To Be The Light

I first heard this song a couple weeks ago and I thought, oh what a catchy tune. I like it! Then I heard it again on Friday night on my way home from spending 14 1/2 hours at the hospital while my friend was in a very complicated surgery. And God said here you go, this is for you. I am learning to be the light. I think I will always be learning. I hope and pray that I am always learning and loving and showing others His light. I've got to remember to fan that flame. I've struggled this summer with reading my bible or devotions of any kind so I'm looking forward to getting back into that routine as school starts next week.
My dear friend, Stephenie, had to undergo a 6 hour surgery to remove a 13 cm mass in her abdomen that was attached to several organs. She lost her gall bladder (which ironically had been what led to the doctors finding this mass in the first place so thank you Lord for gall bladder attacks!), her spleen, and 50 % of her pancreas. There was a possibility of losing part of her stomach but that was spared. Also it was infiltrating an artery and they were able to repair that rather than take one from her neck to replace it. Also the initial slides showed no cancer. The mass was thought to be "pre-cancerous" and the pathology reports will be back in a few days to hopefully confirm that miracle. It was a very long day and included a few very stressful times of worry that something was going wrong, but in the end the surgery was very much a success. Praise the Lord!  However, dear sweet Stephenie is in a lot of pain and has a very long road of recovery over the next week and then the next few months. As her friend, i will be there every step of the way to help in whatever way that she needs me to.
Recently, I was also in a position to be there for another dear friend in which case I was so near-panic mode myself that I couldn't even think or form words. Thankfully, at a previous Women of Faith event, I had heard one of the speakers say that if you can't form words into a prayer, to just say Jesus Jesus Jesus. That totally kicked in for me in that moment of near-panic. I looked into my friend's very scared eyes and with tears running down both of our faces, I just said Jesus Jesus Jesus. He is our rock, our friend, and our very present help in time of need. And He truly is all we need. In the dire near-panic moments, and in the every day I'm gonna lose my mind moments. Thank you Jesus for always being there. Help me to show your Light to others.



When the stars came crashing down
In tiny pieces to the ground
I was all alone down here
Trapped beneath the atmosphere
Then I, thought somebody called my name
I spun around and caught a flame
I gave into a God I didn't know
And now everything is falling into place
A brand new life is calling and I owe it all to grace

It's so much brighter living in your world
Savior what you did for me
You gave me something I want everyone to see
When we stumble and it all goes wrong
Only you can make it right
So I say oh oh oh oh oh
I'm learning to be the light
whoa, whoa
I'm learning to be the light
whoa, whoa

When a heart is cold as ice
You can't melt it with advice
No one wants to listen to
A list of things they shouldn't do
So I build a city on a hill
And I light a candle on the sill
Knowing you'll be always knocking at the door

Oh God I just want to love on everyone
All I have is yours to give so let the people come

It's so much brighter living in your world
Savior what you did for me
You gave me something I want everyone to see
When we stumble and it all goes wrong
Only you can make it right

So I say oh oh oh oh oh
I'm learning to be the light
whoa, whoa
I'm learning to be the light
whoa, whoa
im learning to be the light

that makes the shadows hide
the light that breaks the curse of pride
the light that takes the weary in it's arms


When it all came crashing down
There was only darkness all around
But in the distance I could see
A Flame

It's So much brighter living in your world
Savior what you did for me
You gave me something I want everyone, and I mean everyone to see
When we stumble and it all goes wrong
Only you can make it right
So I say oh oh oh oh oh
I'm learning to be the light
whoa, whoa
I'm learning to be the light
whoa, whoa
I'm learning to be the light
whoa, whoa
I'm learning to be the light
whoa, whoa
I'm learning to be the light  


1 comment:

  1. You go girl, be the light. That's what I try to be too. Imagine what the world would be if everyone wanted to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Love, Hope

    ReplyDelete