This is my latest favorite song. I have heard several worship bands sing it, including at The Revolve Tour, where I was part of a group of teens from our church and I got teary as I looked down my row at "my girls" who are that generation rising up with selfless faith. My own church praise band sings it too. They sang it last week, on Palm Sunday, and as I looked down my row at my own flesh and blood children who were singing along and holding their palm branches up, I started sobbing. More than anything else in the world, that's what I want for them. To rise up in selfless faith My oldest has the best blind faith I've ever seen. He loves Jesus and isn't ashamed to say it. He's my hero. My second son, accepted Christ into his heart as his savor at the Winterjam concert this January. I think it'd been coming for a while, but I've noticed a change in him since that night when he stood up and yelled and raised his hands for Jesus. That was quite a moment for me because he's my shy, quiet one. My next son, is NOT shy and NEVER quiet so I can't wait until he gets to that stage and I anticipate the day he officially does it because EVERYONE will know! :) I think my daughter has had Him in her heart since the day she was concieved, she's an old soul like her oldest brother. She already has the power to heal people at age two. She is already doing great things in His Kingdom so I can't wait to see what she does when she actually knows she is doing it. LOL
I see the King of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes, the whole earth shakes
I see His love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing, the people sing
[Chorus]Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highest (x2)
I see a generation
Rising up to take the place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith
I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees, we're on our knees
[Chorus]
[Bridge]
Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like
You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity
I Do Now
1 day ago





Brings tears to my eyes too....one of my favorite songs. And I did the same as you, as the words "I see a generation, rising up to take the place" I looked at Cole, Luke, Zack, and Elli and felt so proud of their commitment to Jesus. And looked around at our church family and thanked God for bringing us to this church and for guiding us on our path.
ReplyDelete