by Rebecca Manley Rippert
I'm reading this one with our small group from church. I can't say I am totally into yet, but so far I do like what I've read. In fact, it's what I plan on reading right after I hit publish on this post. :)
By Staci Eldridge
I started this book at the beginning of August and I'm not done yet. I LOVE this book and am taking my time drinking it in, savoring every word. I've learned to love myself a little more while reading this book. I recommend it to all women.
By Joyce Meyer
I actually haven't started this one yet but will today or this weekend because I'm doing a study with a dear friend on Tuesdays on this book/workbook. I'm really looking forward to spending some time with my friend as well as learning how to get the negative thoughts out of my mind.
By Jenna Lucado
This is the book I am teaching on to my high school girls youth group on Wednesdays. I actually read it a few weeks ago in about a day and a half. It's been beautiful to hear these teen's thoughts on how they define beautiful. My favorite one shared was a girl who said a certain woman in our community defined beautiful to her because she is always positive, careds about everyone, and is always there for her. I happen to know this woman and her family of four kids. I think we are a lot alike in a lot of ways and I look forward to getting to know just how beautiful she is as we become friends. But what I am really looking forward to with this book is spending time listening to the teen girls and what's going on in their pretty little heads.
By Sam McBratney
This is one of my favorite children's books to read to my kids. I always remember reading it to my boys when they were little, especially my middle son, Luke. I always call him my little nutbrown hare (the character in the book) when his gorgeous skin is all this beautiful shade of brown in the summertime. Zack's babybook is themed after this book. Poor thing though, there's not much written in it. I am NOT good at remembering to write in those things. Elli's is practically empty. I take solace in the fact that while there may not be written evidence of their every milestone, there sure as heck is pictures of it! :) This is me and Elli's current favorite bedtime story. She also always wants "Ten Little Ladybugs" which she calls "the eeew book" because all bugs are eeew. Yep, she's mine! We also usually read a bedtime prayer book that I can't recall the name of each night. I love reading to my kids as we snuggle in my bed together. I've even seen my biggest boy listening in on Guess How Much I Love You. I think he can recite it by heart. I do so love my babies right up to the moon... and back.





Good to have you back! I had been thinking about doing a similar posting about what I am reading and/or my favorite books. Might still do it one of these days--just look like I borrowed your idea. ;-D Really enjoyed the stuff about the youth group and about your reading time with your own darling children.
ReplyDelete