Thursday, August 26, 2010

a new day dawns


I will lift my eyes...
My heart hurts.


My little girl had to have surgery yesterday
to fix her decayed teeth
and well, it didn't go as planned.

They could only fix half of them
and they pulled the other half.
They pulled the top front four,
the ones that you can see.
The ones that show in her pretty pictures
and in her silly ornery cheesy smile.
The ones that she uses to say certain sounds in words.
The ones that help her bite into food that she says is yummy in her tummy.

I know it had to be done at this point
and there isn't a thing I can do about it.

But my heart still hurts.

I am still struggling accepting her new normal.
I know it's nothing compared to what others have to go through.
I know that it is a temporary thing until her adult teeth come in
several years from now.

But my heart still hurts.

I have loved that mischievious little smile for two years now.
And now it's different.

Her nose still wrinkles like her mommy's
and her dimples still show like her daddy's
and her eyes still twinkle like the stars,

but it's different.

And that hurts my heart.

See?

before....and.....after
but
do
you
see
how beautiful she is?


I pray that I can see her only as God sees her.
More so...
I pray she can see herself as God sees her.

I pray God steps in between this mama bear

and anyone who dares make fun of my daughter.

because she is still perfect

she is still beautiful

she is still Elli

my princess

my babydoll...

she is still so very loved.

And if I know my daughter
this won't do anything to her
but
help her glorify her Heavenly Father!!!!!!

and hopefully, prayerfully,

make her less like her earthly mother
and more like her heavenly Father.

3 comments:

  1. Honestly? I think she is even cuter now. Truly, I do. Didn't think it was possible but she is soooooo cute. It's really not obvious to me. I wouldn't have noticed because her lip covers her gums. I won't try to talk you out of your sadness because it is real and of course it is painful to lose a part of her that you loved so much.. but please don't worry about how others will see her because she is truly adorable and totally "normal" looking still. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brigitte punkys_momAugust 26, 2010 at 1:39 PM

    Michelle... really you can't even notice her teeth are temporarily missing... her smile is gorgeous! she is soooo happy and such sunshine! Put her hair in piggie tails and you have the same girl that she was 2 days ago! LOVE her! NO person is going to make fun of her. They may ask questions but that's okay and by the time she starts school... tons of kids will be missing teeth. Personally I was shocked to read all the kids on our board who had a tooth or 2 or 3 pulled. Never even noticed. HUGE HUGS to you! Soon you won't even notice and will learn to love all the new words she says a bit silly... They will become a part of her!
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh heavens, she is still adorable and if you had never seen photos with you would never notice that they weren't there. Hugs though, I am sure its tough on you.

    ReplyDelete